Hi I am Sarosh Lodhi,18, presenting to you the Legend of a lifetime. Meet Essel, a normal boy like anyone, on his journey to become a superhero. An interesting tale of adventure and bravery, That will keep you interested till the very end.

January 10, 2010

Chapter Eight - The Burning House




Amanda






It was now the last term of the Senior Year for Essel. The Final Examinations were approaching and these were important. After that, were the Competitive Examinations that were even more important for a bright future. Essel was busy preparing for both of them. That made him a bit stressed, but that was the time to plough to get the harvest in future. He was determined to get something good for his future. His powers, that were still new and uncontrolled, were of great help for him to memorize what all he learned. He was gradually exploring some new powers in him, one of them was that he could peek into the future and could sense if something was wrong, although he had no control on this power, it would work by itself.
The dreams of Venn were no more. His dreams were now back to normal, as of every other person. It was a mystery for him as, what must have happened to Venn and others after the news that the planet was to explode any moment. He had no answer.

He would ignore Amanda as he was still not ready to share anything with her.

Another day started as usual, he woke up, got dressed up and went to school. The school went as usual. At the end of the last class, the school bell rang. The school was over for the day. He then stood up, said Bye to his friends, and left the school.

On his way back home, he heard a scream of a lady. He then went towards the voice to see what was wrong. And what he saw was strange and new, yet frightening for him. A house was on fire. A crowd had gathered over the place.

Lady (screaming) - Somebody help, my child is in the house. Someone get her. Please.

The fire-brigade was nowhere to be seen. Essel stood with the crowd waiting for the fire-brigade to reach. There was still no sign of hope for the lady. She kept on shouting for help but no-one was ready to go inside and get the child. Then a girl, came running and just went into the house.

Essel - Who the Hell is she? What does she think herself to be?

Then Essel heard a group of girls of the same school as Essel, discussing.

girl 1 - Who was she?
girl 2 - It was Amanda who else?
girl 1 - Oh yeah, she think herself to be very brave.
girl 3 - But what now? There is no one to help her.
girl 2 - Lets see.

Essel was shocked to hear that.

Essel (In thoughts) - What's the problem with her? Who is she? At first she knows about my extra-ordinary powers and now she thinks herself to be a super-hero.

There was still no sign of the Fire-brigade.
Then someone from the back shouted, "Has anyone called the Fire-Brigade ?"
There was no reply from the crowd.

Essel - What the hell. Now what? She's there inside and no fire-brigade on the way.

Essel then decided to wait for her. He waited for a few minutes but it was too much. He then decided to go in.
He then rushed inside the Burning House and searched every-where for the Child as well as Amanda, but they were nowhere to be seen.

Essel (shouts) - Amanda, Amanda.

No reply was there. Essel heard some voice of something falling, he turned to see it. But to his surprise, the Exit door was jammed, something like a burning Cupboard was in the front of the gate.
He was now frightened.

Essel - How will I get out from here?

The place where Essel was standing was in fire as a whole, He could see nothing other than fire. He had no chance to escape. Then in a split second he saw himself on a roof-top of another building. He tried to figure out where he was. He then saw that the house on fire was just in the neighborhood of the building on which he was standing. He rushed back to the crowd. The Fire-Brigade has reached to the place. The child was with her mother.
Essel - What about Amanda? Where is she?
Essel (To the Lady) - Do you know where the girl who saved your child is?
Lady - I dont know how, but she came from behind me, gave me my child and ran away. She made no exit from the door. She was an Angel sent by God. God bless her.

Essel was now even more surprised. He could no longer wait to talk to Amanda for the same.

The Next Day came. Essel went to school and started searching for Amanda But he didn't find her anywhere. On his way back home, he saw Amanda. He rushed towards her to talk to her.

Essel -      Hey, Hey  Amanda.
Amanda - Yeah.
Essel -      How are you?
Amanda - I am fine. You tell.
Essel -      I am fine too. I just wanted to ask you something.
Amanda - I am sorry but I am a little busy now. Meet me at the nearby Park at 5.
Essel -      Okay. I will be waiting.
Amanda - Okay.

Essel went back home. He was eager for the time to come as he wanted all of his doubts to be made clear now. The time came. He reached the park. Then came Amanda.

Essel - Hi.
Amanda - Hey. So what do you want to ask me?
Essel - I just saw you saving the child from the burning House yesterday. How did you do that?
Amanda - Oh. Any other thing you want to ask.
Essel -.......Yeah..........How do you know about me?
Amanda - I know all about you. From the day, that meteorite fell near you. I know everything i need to know about you. It's time you should know something about me.

Essel was now excited to know everything. He could wait no more to get the answers.

Essel -      Continue......
Amanda - Do you remember that night when there were meteor showers, they fell not just here but many other places.
Essel -      Yeah, it was in the news.
Amanda - In your case, it was highlighted, as your city is the metro, a center of attraction for people. And other locations were unknown. The same meteorite fell near my grandma's house. I was busy playing with my Dolls outside when it struck at a place very near to me. Just like you, I also survived. I was a normal girl like you till then and after that the changes started taking place.
Essel (curiously) - Changes like.
Amanda -               Do you know about Venn?

Essel (In thoughts) - Whoa ! How does she know about him?
Essel -     Yeah.
Amanda - I had the same dreams as yours.
Essel -      But the End............ My dreams stopped before the end?
Amanda - Same here. Thats some kind of information for us. I think it has even more significance than just being our dreams.
Essel -     What kind of significance?
Amanda - I don't know?
Essel -     So, as u knew a meteor had struck the place near me and i survived. Thats because the News highlighted it. But why did you came here?
Amanda - I came here to get your help to know even more, to understand more about the existence of my powers. I knew it could be related to that meteorite shower. Still i didn't talk to you straight about it as I was not sure that you had experienced the same. It was necessary to confirm it first. SO i lied to you that we were in the same class. I didn't knew that you would be such a DUMBO, that you know nothing about all this.

Essel -      Hey, I have more important work to do, other than solving such mystery. But how did you convince your Parents to take admission in my school?
Amanda - Your school is better than mine. Better to get admission in this school for a Better future.
Essel -     Very Smart.............. So what are your powers?
Amanda - I can't show my powers here. Lets go somewhere, where there are no people.
Essel -      Okay.

They both went to the Roof-top of Essel's house. The Best place to show their powers.

Essel - Now show me your powers.

Amanda stood up straight closed her eyes. She shined bright. Essel could not see in such a bright light. And the intensity of light lowered down. Essel could not believe his eyes. Amanda had Wings, very big, pure white and very beautiful. She then started flying all over the place. And then landed back near Essel.

Essel -      That's awesome. Any other power you have.
Amanda - Yeah I could handle the extremities of temperature.
Essel -      So thats why, you saved the child without any problem.
Amanda - What about your powers? Show me.
Essel -      Well...... actually.......I have no control of my powers. I dont even know what powers I have.
Amanda - Not a surprise for me.
Essel -      But yeah I could tell you some that i have experienced.
Amanda - Go on.
Essel -      I can teleport myself from one place to another. I can make the time slower for me, So in your respect I am faster. I could memorize very easily. Fire has no harm on me.
Amanda - Good. So first of all, we need to make you have control of your powers. We'll start training after the Final Exams are over. After that we would see if something could be done to get our answers.
Essel -      Okay. Done.
Amanda - Now, i should leave.
Essel -     Yeah Sure.
Amanda - Bye.
Essel -      Bye.

Essel was now relieved as he got Answers to all of his Questions. He then started to again focus on his studies for the Examination. Amanda and Essel, after this Incident became very good friends as there was nothing to hide between them.

The Final Exams Approached, then the Competitive Exams. Essel did well in Both. Th Results were awaited.
It was time to start the training. They made a meeting point at a lonely place, where they could practice without any fear of someone seeing them.

Amanda - Come on try to focus. How you did the teleport?
Essel -      I don't know I was afraid when i did that. I don't remember.
Amanda - Now see me concentrating.
Essel -      Okay.

Amanda again stood straight. Kept on standing. Nothing happened.

Essel -      What Happened?
Amanda - I can't unleash my power.
Essel -      What !!!!!!
Amanda - Lets try yours. You could sense danger right?
Essel -      Yeah.
Amanda - Now close your eyes.
Essel -      okay.

Amanda picks up a stick hits Essel on his leg.

Amanda - Why didn't you save yourself?
Essel -      I did not sense it before it hit me. Thats unusual.

Amanda - I think there is some problem. We now need someone's help. Till then we can't train you or me.
Essel -      Have we lost our powers?









What's Wrong with their Powers? Will they find some-one who could help them in such a situation? 


Keep visiting to know the Answers. The answers will be unfolded in the following Chapters

1 comments:

Tanay said...

whoa...
the best chapter till now!!
very mature and gripping...


web page hit counter