Hi I am Sarosh Lodhi,18, presenting to you the Legend of a lifetime. Meet Essel, a normal boy like anyone, on his journey to become a superhero. An interesting tale of adventure and bravery, That will keep you interested till the very end.

June 19, 2010

Chapter Thirteen - A Warrior Within




A few days have passed since the Fresher's Night. Essel had at-last got the answers to many of his questions, still, many remained unanswered. He now knew the end of his Dreams. He now knew that the source of his power was a stone called 'Xenith'. Still, he had no clue about who that Ninja was, who had attacked him. And also, who was his 'Master'?
With the passage of time, Essel was returning back to his normal, not boring, college life. It was his real life. Just about a month was left for his End-Semester Exams to begin and he was still clueless about what to do next? He made up a Plan, kind of a schedule that he thought he'd follow, to do well in those Exams. But, things rarely turn out to be exactly the way they are planned.
It was the last teaching day of his first Semester and Essel was on his way to College. Tony was not there with him this time. He had somehow managed to complete his work a day before, so that he could get one more day to prepare for his exam.
Essel reached the station and was waiting to board the train. But suddenly, he felt a strong pulse of pain in his back. This pain was really hard to bear, Essel turned back to see what had hit him and shouted in a pained, yet angry voice, "Who the Hell did that?". And to his surprise, no-one was there, he was the only one standing on the platform. The pain then reduced and he somehow managed to board the train. But, just one station had passed when the pain again reached its peak and this time, he just couldn't bear it. He decided to deboard the train and go back to his home. He was changing the platform when he suddenly sensed something sharp pierce through his left arm. It was a "never felt before" and a highly painful feeling, this time. What frightened him even more was that it was no visible object that had pierced through his arm and caused that immense pain. That was enough.Essel couldn't help groaning in pain and shouting loudly in a painful voice, " HELP, HELP!", but no one came to his rescue. He turned around to see where had all the people gone. And What he saw, scared him out of his wits, each and everything was still, birds were stuck in sky, the train had stopped half-way before entering the platform, a child playing on the platform was stuck in mid-air and the clock hands had stopped moving. There was not a single voice that Essel could hear. He now understood what was going on.
"I know who you are. I have told you earlier that I have no powers. Then why are you hiding youself? Come forward and show yourself.", he yelled in a shaking yet bold voice.
"Oh, so you are not as dumb as I thought you to be." It was the same Ninja that had attacked Essel the last time. He said this in a very calm and sophisticated way, seemingly revengeful.
"If you think you can defeat me, insult me and then get away that easily, then you are WRONG."
The Ninja was walking towards Essel. Essel turned back and decided to run away. He was running as fast as he could and to his surprise, the Ninja didn't follow. After running a few meters, he realized  that the pain in his left arm was increasing. And before he could think of anything, his arm was left stuck in mid-air, as if it had been tied to something. He was unable to move his hand and the pain only increased with the slightest movement of his hand. Essel was struggling with his arm when the Ninja made just one hand movement and Essel fell down and started sliding on the floor towards the Ninja. Essel was still trying to get hold of the situation, but he was helpless. Essel was now lay on the floor, in front of the Ninja.
"Want to see, to what stuck your hand is stuck?", said the Ninja in an arrogant tone.
Essel, still confused about what was happening to him, was staring at the Ninja in anguish.
With a one hand-gesture, the Ninja made a spear shaped, sharp edged weapon to appear. He had not just hidden the weapon, but also the bleeding of the wound, when it pierced through Essel's arm. The sharp disc that had cut through Essel's back also appeared. Essel could now see what exactly had happened to him, and how. He was bleeding profusely and there was no one to help. Essel had started feeling extremely weak and drowsy, as if fainting. The Ninja was still talking to him, teasing him of his helplessness. But Essel had no intention, or maybe even the power, to listen to him; his eyes were closing.

"Is this the end? Is this how I have been destined to die? Is this the price that I have to pay, for getting some extra-ordinary powers, that too for a short period of time? What about my Parents, what about my friends, what will they be told about me? Where the Hell is Kuru? He should have helped me, that's what he told his job is.........though, still, he helped me a lot. He saved me once and I am grateful to him for that. He, along with Amanda, helped me with my powers, they have always been good to me. And Yeah, Amanda, she......"

"......And after Killing you, I'll be praised by the Master. After that, I will go and kill your friend, that flying Bird, I'll cut her wings. And I'll surely be praised by my Master for that. He might even give me a some more powers, as a reward. And after that, I'll go for that Xenobian, what do u call ........"

"DON'T YOU DARE do ANYTHING to my friends!!" Essel yelled in a very bold voice. He then tried to stand up and with all his power and will, was able to stand. Though, he still couldn't watch his steps and his whole body was trembling.

The Ninja was shocked to see him standing after all that he had done to him." Boy, You do have a lot of will-power, but, THAT'S NOT ENOUGH! ". The Ninja kicked him hard and Essel again fell down to the floor. He was left with no energy to stand again this time. The Ninja was looking at Essel, as if challenging him to stand up. He was laughing at his intentions of saving his friends, when he himself was in the most miserable state.

Essel's eyes closed. Darkness fell upon for him. But then, suddenly a stream of consciousness took over Essel's thoughts. He, in thoughts, went back to the time when he was a kid.

------------------------------------------------------

A small kid, 10 years old, is sitting on a swing in a park. This boy is a cute, shy person sitting quietly on the swing, moving to and fro. He's there alone. A group of three boys of about 13 years old, tall and skinny, come towards that kid.
Boy1: Hey Kid, leave this swing now. It's our turn.
Kid: But I have just come, please let me have it.
Boy2: Hey kid, would you not listen to us, until we beat you up? Just go from here.
Kid: Please Let me have it for 5 mins and I'll leave then.
Boy1: This boy won't listen.

Saying this, the boy decided to push him from the swing, so that he would leave.
But as he tried to push him from the swing, a boy, of almost the same age as the kid, came in. This was Jim.

Jim: Don't you dare touch my friend.
Boy1: Oh yeah, then what would do? Cry for your Mommy?

And the group started to laugh. Seeing this, Jim got annoyed and bit that boy so hard in his stomach, that he started crying. The other boys got afraid and went away. The bitten boy also went away, grudging.

Essel(Kid) : Thank you.
Jim : Do not mention. But these guys are too much, just because they are older and have greater strength than us, it doesn't mean that they'll treat us as their slaves. That's why I want to be strong, so that I could save my friends.
Essel: What would you do if you become strong?
Jim: I'll never let anything harm my friends. I'll teach these 'big guys' a lesson.

And then, both the kids walk towards their home together.


------------------------------------------------


"Done with your will-power? I thought you would fight back again!", challenged the Ninja, while observing Essel. "You can never be a true holder of Xenith, you are just a pest who got lucky enough to have those miraculous powers. You just stay here. I will finish you after I find your friend."

"I told you, DON'T YOU DARE DO ANYTHING TO MY FRIENDS!" Essel shouted in an adamant tone.
The Ninja turned back to see him and saw Essel again standing in front of him.

"Are you out of your mind? You can never defeat me! Nor can you protect your friends! Are you in a hurry to, DIE?", said the ninja.

Essel, who still had no power to stand but was managing to stay upright somehow, said, "Do you know why I needed the powers? It was because, one of my close friends once told me, that the powers give us a chance to protect our family, friends and each and everyone dear to us. What if I don't have my powers, I'll still not let you harm them till I am alive. You are going to kill me in any case, but, as long as I have my life, I won't let you harm anyone."

The Ninja was surprised by this attitude of Essel, "My My! So thats how you want it to be? Then let it be, YOUR way." saying that he took out his sword and swung it hard in air,to slash Essel there and then. But what happened was a surprise for both Essel and the Ninja. Essel had teleported to the other platform. A shine and a spark had come in his eyes.
"His Powers..!!!!." said the Ninja who was in a shock.
".....they are back" completed Essel, full of determination.
Essel now decided to finish this long fight. He took an iron rod lying near by, teleported himself above the Ninja and before the Ninja could react, the rod had hit his head and he had started bleeding.
"What the Hell .....!"
"Your time's over now, Ninja"
Essel again teleported to the other platform, and re-teleported to hit him again.
"You still can't defeat me", saying this, the Ninja casted that spear towards Essel. Essel didn't notice it. And it peirced through his chest. He was in mid-air, falling backwards. His eyes closed.









Is this THE END!!! Keep visiting to know what's next.

0 comments:


web page hit counter