Hi I am Sarosh Lodhi,18, presenting to you the Legend of a lifetime. Meet Essel, a normal boy like anyone, on his journey to become a superhero. An interesting tale of adventure and bravery, That will keep you interested till the very end.

March 29, 2010

Chapter Ten - I thought Ninjas were GOOD !!!



2 days have passed since Essel had a feeling of someone keeping an eye on him.  But he kept on ignoring that feeling, thinking, that whoever he is, whether it is his imagination or he is in reality, he would stop following him one day or the other.

Essel (thinking) – Ah, at last. My First day at College. I would soon be an Engineer………..But….What about my friends, they are not with me now. All are in Different fields, colleges and Universities….. Sigh…. Hey how can I Forget, one of my best friends is with me in the same college. Yeah We have different trades but we share the same college.
I should call him and confirm if he would be going with me or not.

Essel rang up his one of the best friend Tony. Tony is a gentle person, way mature than his age, and unlike Essel he remains calm and controlled in every kind of situation. He is also a very intelligent person, much better than Essel. But they did strike many similarities in their views and thoughts. They have a good understanding, the most important ingredient of Friendship.

Tony –  Hello.
Essel – Hey Tony, How are you? Ready for tomorrow?
Tony –  No such preparations are required tomorrow. I am ready as always…..So, at what time will you be leaving for College tomorrow?
Essel – That’s what I wanna ask you, we can go together. I’ll pick you up from some place, and we could board the train together.
Tony –  Yeah that’s fine. So Tomorrow morning 7:30 meet me near our school.
Essel – Yeah, Okay.
Tony –  But don’t be late as usual, It’s the first day remember.
Essel – Yeah Of course, don’t worry I’ll be there at time.

It was 3rd April, a day on which his College was going to start. He was Happy as He had got what he wanted. Essel was getting ready for his first day of college, thinking about what would happen next in College.
His travel to college consisted of 3 stages. Stage One was his journey from his house to the Metro Station, that was covered by Car; 2nd Stage was from the metro Station they boarded to the last Station on that route, covered by train of course; 3rd Stage was from the last Station to the college, covered by a bus or an Auto-rickshaw.

Essel woke up on time, got ready for the college and picked up Tony from the school at the right time. Everything was as it was supposed to be. They reached the Metro Station and boarded a train. Essel and Tony were busy in their crazy talks, when suddenly Essel felt something. He sensed someone keeping an eye on him. This time it didn’t look good. Essel wanted to hide, whatever it was, from Tony, he didn’t wanted him to know about anything related to his powers. So he tried to keep him busy in his talk and he was successful. 

Then Essel again sensed someone inside the metro watching towards them. This time He could exactly see the person. He wore a Black Gown, with a black hat, and sun-glasses over his eyes. He seemed to be some kinda Secret agent, straight out of some ‘James Bond’ Flick. Essel could no longer bear the person watching over them, he was afraid. He decided to get out of the metro and board another one. He had particularly no reason to make Tony come with him. Essel thought upon it and got just one idea.

Essel – Hey Tony.
Tony – Yeah.
Essel – We have to get out of this train.
Tony – Why? We are just a few stoppages away from the last station.
Essel – It’s an emergency.
Tony – What kind of Emergency?
Essel – Umm………I need to go to the restroom.
Tony – What!!!........... Okay. Sometimes you act like a kid.
They came out of the train. And after that train left the station.
Essel – Oh, It’s done now. I don’t need to go to the restroom.
Tony – What happened Now. You are sucha……leave it.

Essel could do nothing but smile. They boarded the next train and reached the last station without aby problem.

Essel (in thoughts) – Ah, At last the person following us is gone.

They came out of the station an took an Auto-rickshaw for the College. It seemed everything was back to normal, then suddenly something unusual happened. Tony and Essel were busy discussing the procedure for registration when suddenly time started slowing down till it stopped.

Essel (shocked) – What the Hell is this Now !!!!!!! I didn’t do that. What Next?

At the same moment something very sharp cut the top of the auto, which fell down sideways.

Essel (frightened)  - Who the hell did that? What do you want from me.

Everything was still. A person pouring Tea at a tea-stall was standing in a single posture with the tea coming from one cup to another was floating in mid-air. The birds were stuck in the sky. Everyone was like a Statue, The atmosphere was quite, and no sound of anything could be heard. It was just like a ghost-town.

Essel jumped out of the auto to see the person who had sliced apart the top of the auto that easily. Then he saw someone standing on the roof top of a nearby building staring at him. That person was dressed like a ninja. Suddenly he jumped directly to the road from the building, he landed as lightly as a feather. He got no injuries doing so. Then this Ninja started walking towards Essel.

Essel – Look, Whoever you are? Whatever you want? I just wanna tell you that I have nothing, nothing at all, that could be of any importance to you. Take money from me, if you want it. I have nothing else.
Ninja – Your Powers.
Essel – What? What Powers? I have no powers.

The Ninja kept on walking towards Essel with a sword in his hand. This sword was the same sword with which he sliced the top of the auto. Essel was now as afraid as hell.

Essel (shivering) – Look Sir, If you are talking about the powers I had, a few months back. They are gone now. I have nothing left with me, seriously. So would you please let me go now.
Ninja – Not before I kill you.

Essel was even more frightened.

Essel – Why in this world, do you wanna kill me? I have done No harm to anybody.
Ninja – My Boss has ordered me, No more talks….It’s time you die.
Saying that, the Ninja Jumped into mid air with his sword ready to slash someone. Essel could not move of his place, his legs had frozen due to fear. Essel closed his eyes. It was his end. He heard a voice of something like a blast.
Essel (Eyes Closed) – Am I in Heaven? Is this voice that we hear when we Die? A voice of a blast.
Voice – Hey Essel, open your eyes. I myself could not defeat him. He’s way too strong for me.
Essel –  Huh, What’s that for?

Essel opened his eyes, and saw the same person from whom he was afraid of, in the Metro. He was fighting with the Ninja.

Essel – Who are you? How do you know me?
Man –  I am Kuru. Now can we have the questionnaire session afterwards? I need your help right now.
Essel – But How can I help you? I have no powers.
Kuru –  No, that’s not possible. I think you don’t know how to control it….. Okay just touch my hand, I will use your powers.
Essel – Okay.

Essel touched Kuru’s hand but nothing happened.

Kuru – What’s that? It should have worked.
Essel – I knew it. I have lost my powers.

Kuru then just punched the Ninja very hard that the Ninja fell down.

Ninja – I’ll come again to finish you Essel. Very Soon.

And the Ninja ran away.

Essel – Now tell me, who are you?
Kuru – There is no time. The time would start within 30 seconds. You should not get in notice of someone. I’ll be fixing this Auto, you just go and sit at your place in it.

Kuru then sent a powerful beam from his hand, which placed the top of the auto at it’s right place and it was fixed with the frame, just like a magic had been done.

Kuru – Bye, Act Normal. That’s what you want, right? See you in the evening.

And then he vanished.

The time started. Tony continued from the same word where he had stopped. They went to the college and it was a great day, the two friends enjoyed their first day a lot. But Essel wanted all his answers.




0 comments:


web page hit counter